CAC Cactus

The CAC Foundation Is Looking for You!

Margaret Dooley, Cactus Contributor

When you’re thinking about financial aid, be sure to check out CAC Foundation Scholarships on the college website – centralaz.edu/admissions/paying-for-college/financial-aid.

What is the CAC Foundation exactly? In 1968, the same year CAC was founded at Signal Peak, a group of public-spirited citizens established the Central Arizona College Foundation, a 501(c) not-for-profit organization. The mission: increase resources, raise funds and create friends and partnership to support the mission of Central Arizona College. Through the decades, a diverse volunteer board of directors has focused on fundraising for student scholarships. The Promise for the Future tuition program is a fundraising priority of the Foundation.

Today the Foundation has a portfolio of over $4.6 million including a scholarship endowment of $3.8 million. This translates into many scholarship opportunities for you.

To get started, go to the college website (link above) and review the CAC Foundation Scholarship list. There are scholarships for students enrolled in a variety of programs, such as, nursing, science, agriculture, fire science, communication, and creative arts. The scholarship amounts vary, $250 a semester or more.

Be sure to read over the specific requirements to be eligible to apply. The Foundation has general criteria listed, and most of the scholarships have additional criteria. All of the scholarships require a 300-word essay describing your personal and educational goals.

When you’re ready, fill out the Foundation/Institutional Scholarship Application which is also located on the Financial Aid website, “Financial Aid Forms”. Applications are due to the financial aid office by June 5 for fall semester scholarships and December 4 for spring semester scholarships; however, applications are accepted any time during the year.

Applications are reviewed by a scholarship committee, and you’ll be notified if you are awarded a scholarship.

If you need assistance or have any questions, send an email to the CAC Foundation staff at CACFoundation@centrlaz.edu or call 520-494-5216. We look forward to hearing from you!